by Barbara McNichol
Did you develop a plan or even start crafting your book in 2016?
If so, congratulations! If not, you have a clean slate in this new year—a fresh opportunity to share your expertise with the world!
Look at 2016 as a fresh start to attract more opportunities and build more connections through the increased exposure a book gives you. As you do, go for these eight Book-Writing Resolutions to help fulfill your dream of being an author—and all that it brings you—in this wonderful new year.
1. I will devote a significant amount of time to planning how I’ll write and/or promote my book in 2016.
2. I will look for interesting, unique ways to craft my chapters. I want them to be informative, intelligent, and fun to read.
3. I will put into place new ways to promote my book, perhaps even before it’s been produced (e.g., turn parts of chapters into blog posts, use social media to draw attention to them).
4. I will create an ezine and/or website to convey my book’s concepts, build a list of interested people, and communicate regularly with those who can benefit from my message.
5. I will stop procrastinating! When I’m tempted to put off working on my book, I’ll remind myself of the reputation-building value a professional book brings to my business. It will help me engage with my prospects, gain exposure to my market, demonstrate my expertise, and land new opportunities.
6. I will not let lack of time or dislike of writing stop me. I have something valuable to say to the world, and I will put it out there in a quality way. Yes, I will set aside time to write, revise, and perfect my chapters and my marketing materials.
7. I will ask for help to perfect my manuscript. Knowing there comes a time when I can’t read my own writing objectively, I ask for writing/editing assistance to polish it to a fine sheen. I’ll be alert to when that time is right.
8. I will do my best to choose the right word when it matters most—and not let grammar gremlins and wrong choices spoil the party.
What resolutions would you add to this list? Write your favorites in the comments section below.
When it comes time for #7 and #8, allow me to assist you with my professional editing services and my ebook, Word Trippers in print at amazon.com and now available as a Kindle ebook on Amazon.